Xantia window relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

Xantia window relay

Post by Mads »

The electric windows on my Xantia has developed a periodic fault; Occasionally both the left and right window refuse to move. Sometimes you can resurrect them by turning off and on the ignition. Am I right in assume this will probably be a relay problem, and that I most possibly need to replace the control box in the front door ? Can the box be repaired?
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Control box would only be in drivers door and only affect driver's window. Further the controlbox is only fitted on models equipped with one-touch control.

As your problem is found on both sides windows - the problem should be found in the common circuit for both : fuse, relay, earth point and power feed.
Fuses are known to fail intermittently and still look OK. Relays are known to become partly detached in their sockets - simple cure.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Ah! I thought the control-box contained the window relays ! I'll have a go at relays and fuses this weekend, suppose the window relays are in the front footwell rely-battery then ?

Thanks
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

AndersDK wrote:Control box would only be in drivers door and only affect driver's window.
It is quite a simple mod to add the control unit into the passenger door. All the required mouting holes are there waiting. I modded my last Xantia and will be doing this one.

I don't have the drawings with me at the moment but if you have a Haynes they are in it. I am guessing at a relay that feeds +12v supply to the drivers and passenger door may be at fault.
As a quick test when it stops working can you use the passenger door switch still or not?
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Non of the contacts work when it has it's moods. I'll have a look at the wiring diagram in my Haynes manual this evening and see if I can find a likely caurse. I presume the relay you suggest will be a good candidate if it feeds both windows.
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km