Lost out to a vectra!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Lost out to a vectra!

Post by rossnunn »

1.8 16v, 2 up & in the wrong gear at the wrong time, coming off a roundabout and a knob in a blue vectra overtook on the chequred markings with a car coming the other way, 3 cars behind was a cop car & I so desperatly wanted to shut the door on him, but for whatever reason my brain failed to drop a cog & fire her up the rev range.
I was soo pissed & he got away with it, he'd been up my jacksie all the way down the road & kept trying to overtake & when he did I wasn't expecting him too.
If it had been a TD I'd have got away with it.
*sigh* aaah well another dick still on the road.
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Can't win the all. Don't worry, there is always a "next time".
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
deian

Post by deian »

gotta respect the torquey turbo diesels, still i have a 2.1td, where is he, i'll have a go, then again, the fecktra driver may have more power/torque?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

just sooo wished I had my ZX & I was ballsy/rich enough to have the 3.0 v6 under her - that'd woken him up a little lol
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Lost out to a vectra!

Post by andmcit »

He'll end up planting himself in something hard &/or immovable when his luck runs out, don't you worry - but just make sure it's not you, your kith nor kin!

Just don't let it rile you into being just as much a tosser as he is...

Andrew
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

very true.
deian

Post by deian »

as andmcit said, don't end up like him, let him win knowing his chances of losing the 'big' game will be sooner than he thinks, imagine how much brake pads he goes through, and how much fuel he drink, or how long his fecktra will last... not as long as a citroen me thinks,

chances are, if you drove like he did, people would end up calling u names too, as you did to him, be the name caller not the to***r,
deian

Post by deian »

you beat me to it,
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

the fecktra driver may have more power/torque?
I have both a ZX TD and a 1.8 Vectra and I can confirm that the vectra is nowhere near as good as the zx to drive. its up on hp 113 vs 92 and the torque is 125 lb/ft (I'm ashamed to say I don't know what torque the XUD kicks out).

My vectra is 8 years old and has only done 45k miles, but its completely gutless!! I'd have been no better of with a diesel vectra of the same age.

Not that I'm bothered that much, the Mrs drives the vectra while I'm playing with my turbocharger! <insert crude comment here>

Pete
French car free zone....
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Why didn't the cop car react, or deal with it.

Also, if they were in a marked car, then I am surprised that the Vectra driver tried it on, and got away with it.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Re: Lost out to a vectra!

Post by Kowalski »

rossnunn wrote: If it had been a TD I'd have got away with it.
*sigh* aaah well another dick still on the road.
If you'd been in the wrong gear in the TD, there would either be no torque (because you're low down the rev range) or no power (because you're too high up the rev range), so you'd be just as slow ;) But with a 3 litre V6 and an autobox you'd be able to see the fuel gauge drop as the speedo rose!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

:D yes well there is that.

I dunno really I half expected the cop to turn round & go after him but he didn't - it was also full marked.

I suppose its not only the torque but the power to weight you have to factor in, the Veccy is quite a heavy, big car, where as the ZX is small & lightish.
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

I the other guyhas my deepest sympathies, he drives a Vectra
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

rossnunn wrote::D yes well there is that.

I dunno really I half expected the cop to turn round & go after him but he didn't - it was also full marked.

I suppose its not only the torque but the power to weight you have to factor in, the Veccy is quite a heavy, big car, where as the ZX is small & lightish.
That policeman not spotting something like this, right in front of him means his observation powers are pretty poor, he seems more like a sleeping policeman. :)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The object when going somewhere in your car, is to arrive safely at your destination..

People that risk their lives, and the lives of others, by driving recklessly always end up being involved in crashes one way or another. :( It's just a matter of time before their luck runs out.. :(

The trick is, to learn to remain cool and calm whatever is going on around you, and stick to the task of making your journey safely and as stress free as possible. If you are able to enjoy the journey, that's a nice bonus. :) ..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.