Xantia 1.9td clutch cable easy to change?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Fir others about to attempt this:Ive done a few and found it easier to bend the metal bit that fouls the pedal bolt. Saves cutting then.Still a pig to get to without pulling out the drivers seat (10mins).Overall job much easier with two people.Make sure you get the RIGHT replacement cable too!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
joelataxi

Post by joelataxi »

Monkeyfeet wrote:Fir others about to attempt this:Ive done a few and found it easier to bend the metal bit that fouls the pedal bolt. Saves cutting then.Still a pig to get to without pulling out the drivers seat (10mins).Overall job much easier with two people.Make sure you get the RIGHT replacement cable too!
i agree with that, first time i did one i really struggled, then found it was the wrong cable. made me swear it did :(

does get easier after the first time, i now use a dab of grease on the new plastic clip and work the pin a little to loosen it before fitting, i dont take the seat out and the last one took about 40mins (first one 2 hours +, then wrong cable)
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

its true tho ;)
John by the way!

I think i used a long screwdriver (slightyl magnetic) and got the clip up there and pushed..

took a few goes but really only 30 mins

pleeeeease believe me ;)

ok ok no more wine.!

its the fourth one i have done ( including a 405 - which is the same)