Citroen C3 problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rainforest
My Cars:

Citroen C3 problem

Post by rainforest »

Hello Citroen forum members!

This is my first post to the forum. I have enjoyed driving my Citroen C3 (HDI 1398cc 92bph) for the past two years and had absolutely no problems so far. It was bought new and is my first car as well. I have to embarassingly admit, I have very little knowledge of cars, and have just been using it to drive from point A to B and back. Of late, I have noticed two things that has been happening for more than a month now.

1. The plastic interior just below the steering wheel has started vibrating a lot, producing an annoying noise when driving. I have noticed that just pushing the plastic stops it for a few seconds and it starts again. It looks like the fitting has come loose. Is this something I can fix myself?

2. A more worrying problem is that when I drive at roundabouts, I feel the car dangerously tilting towards a side! Its scary and I notice this even at 16-18mph on second/third gear. My friend's suggestion was that maybe I needed to slow down at roundabouts! I am a careful and slow driver. Moreover, it has just started happening recently. So, I feel it is not something I am doing.

More than month back, when I drove out of a car park, I suddenly felt one of the back wheels making a noise like as if the rubber has deflated. When I came out and had a look, it did not look like any of the tyres was flat. But for some reason, I have grown paranoid since then and somehow feel the above two problems could be related to this.

If either if these needs to be fixed at garages, is it expensive? And finally, can anyone recommend a good garage for the Citroen C3 in Milton Keynes.

Thank you

PS: Sorry for the long one, just wanted to explain everything clearly.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hello

1. The trim on C3s was always though to be a bit flimsy. Never having been in one, let alone worked on one, I can't tell how to fix it, but it might be possible to wedge it up, or tie it up with a cable tie or something.

2. This sounds serious, and I would get it to a garage ASAP - I wonder if you might have broken a suspension spring, or roll bar mount.

In any case it's only 2 years so should still be under warranty?
Richard W
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

My C3 have had a factory recall-mod where they put a bowel under the front spring to prevent it from shredding the front tyre in case of spring failure. I guess they only do this because they actually experience spring failures..

Besides from that, C3's seem to eat drop links. I had one done under warranty, and the garage told me this was fare too common fault :( Don't know if this was due to a particular bad batch of drop links or ..?!
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km