Various Queries - Help Needed Please!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

320i coupe

Various Queries - Help Needed Please!!!

Post by 320i coupe »

Hi all!

Just two quick questions….

Have a ’97 Xantia TD estate…..

1.) How do you transplant the innards & blade from one fob casing to another, its just one of my plips buttons are completely knackered & worn through, but don’t wana reprogram…..

2.) Have recently fixed a leak in the air con system, this was due to a kackered washer on the dryer cartridge, but want to try a DIY kit from Halfrauds, what are peoples views on these “kits” i.e. is there a risk of overcharging & knackering the system in some way, and secondly more to the point, the low pressure & high pressure valves underneath the car look exactly the same, both with black screw on caps, and these kits recommend connecting to the low pressure valve, which one is it???

Thanks all again!

Steve
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

1. Undo the small screw in the fob - on the end where the ring is, under the key. Pull the end off. Remove the batteries, then carefully wiggle the board, it should just pull out of the casing.
Edit: To change the key over, drill out the rivet to remove the old key, then get a new rivet from Citroen and refit the key to the new fob - I think the rivet comes in 2 parts and presses together.

2. The Halfords cans are not generally recommended, even for a top up. If the system has been opened it will need a new dryer, then it will need to be vacuumed out, held for a leak test, the refilled with the correct amount of refrigerant. I doubt your Halfords can can do that!
Richard W
KennyW
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Hi 320i coupe,

Question 1 Richard has anwswerd for you

Question 2 It depends what type of compressor you have where the pipes come from and to the comp.

If I remember correctly the low pressure hose(suction Hose) runs to the comp from the receiver/dryer ,but i strongly recommend using a pro for this as already mentioned the system will need tested for leaks , then if OK demoisturised and then refilled, not a task for us.

There are several guys on this site who have the knowledge and expertise who would advise you the same.

Regards
KennyW
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.