Radio Volume

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keefy21m

Radio Volume

Post by keefy21m »

Hello everyone, I recently had cause to remove my radio from my Xantia. I have now put it back in with the correct code and all seemed well, however there is no volume, no matter what I do there is nothing coming from the speakers. To make things worse the lcd display was already difficult to read as it has broken up and only displays some of it and than not all the time.
The only way I could enter the code was to count the number of presses on the buttons. The tape works but with no sound even though I know what channel the radio on there is still no sound, any ideas!!!

Thanks everyone
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Obvious - but worth another look - is all the wiring in place? - and is the unswitched memory wiring sound.

The breakup of the display suggests that the control system is faulty - and may have degenerated a bit further - this time proving fatal.

Are there any fancy devices that could interfere - like the Alt Ground connection which I think is supposed to provide muting for phones if it is used? Has this connection been used inadvertently?
jeremy
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Is there any sound at all? With the volume at maximum, and your ear next to a speaker, is there a slight hiss, or complete silence?
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Lots of Xantia radio's on ebay.....cheap enough not to warrant putting up with a dodgy set. :wink:
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Did you reconnect both connectors? If I remember correctly one connector is all the power supplies and the other is the speakers.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Probably worth buying a replacement off Ebay, theres always loads of them going for as little as £5.

Maybe when you pushed the stereo back into position it may have squashed the wires in a sense or even the connectors werent in securely enough and have popped out a little when re-fitting.

Sounds as if its had enough, and since the screen is about useless you may aswell spend a tenner on a replacement stereo :lol:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

mezuk04 wrote:Probably worth buying a replacement off Ebay, theres always loads of them going for as little as £5.

Maybe when you pushed the stereo back into position it may have squashed the wires in a sense or even the connectors werent in securely enough and have popped out a little when re-fitting.

Sounds as if its had enough, and since the screen is about useless you may aswell spend a tenner on a replacement stereo :lol:
I think my post must be invisible!!!! Or is their a parrot in the room??
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Cheeky monkey....two agreement posts are better than the one :P
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

\:D/
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
keefy21m

Post by keefy21m »

Many thanks for all the help with my radio problem, I am watching a couple of radios on Ebay now which seems to be the best option.

Thanks to all

Keith