Xantia not taking gas

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MrXantia
My Cars:

Xantia not taking gas

Post by MrXantia »

Nothing happens when I put the pedal down. There is a short delay where the nose dives before acceleration is picked up again if I shift gears to quick. Its like the engine hesitates before desiding to accellerate.
Any ideas why?
Rgds, Lars P.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

just a long shot, have you replaced the fuel filter?, as this is smilar to what happened to mine, was cured after i replaced the fuel filter.
dom
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

Thanks, no I've not tried that. I thought it should be allright, because I just bought the car 4 months ago (used, from a Citroen garage). But I'll certainly try it.
Lars P.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
just a long shot, have you replaced the fuel filter?, as this is smilar to what happened to mine, was cured after i replaced the fuel filter.
dom

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

Now I've tried changing the fuel filter, but that didn't help. I'm considering changing the spark plugs, do you think that will help? Any other suggestions, anyone?
Regards,
Lars P.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Lars -
To your description in a couple of postings here - it seems your Xantia needs a good look-after all over. I fear it has not been given the love & care a Citroen needs [:X]
From own experience - even Citroens with a full service history - has been in very bad shape when finally down at price where I aquired them.
I don't think you'll get your Xantia better running - doing some service here & there - it's a full service job you need - over several weekends.
Try the ebay auctions (or www.dba.dk) to find a Haynes Xantia workshop manual (covering the model year you have) - you'll need lot's of technical references & pix's to find the whereabouts on your Xantia.
Limited info (full electrical schematics though) may be downloaded from here :
http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
PS: If you need spare parts try the online-shop - choosing the home button up on page.
Even with postage & carriage added to DK - the prices beats our local spares dealers.
MrXantia
My Cars:

Post by MrXantia »

Tak Anders[:D]
for rådet og linket. Jeg vil kigge derind.
Thanks for the advice from a fellow countryman... well, we ARE closer to France, aren't we [;)]
Lars