xantia bouncy ride

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pikey

xantia bouncy ride

Post by pikey »

I am cansidering replacing the suspension spheres on my 94 xantia 2.0 sx. Will this stop the bouncing effect ?
If so why have they all gone together as it is not noticeable on any particular side?
Also the car feels like the brakes are slightly binding.It will not initially roll on a slight incline like my others cars.
Could this be related to the suspention ?
The car seems to rise ok and no clicking from the accumulator, the lhm fluid level is ok and filters clean.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Assuming the LHM is 100% pure, no contaminates like water, I would bleed the brakes and do some aerobics, sounds to me like you may have air in the system.
Either that, or you have the wrong spheres on ( assuming your height correctors are OK ).
How many miles / months since the spheres were last changed ?
Mat.
pikey

Post by pikey »

The car has done 80000 miles, still on original spheres.
the lhm has been replaced at 72000 and filter cleaned.
The ride is something like conventional suspension without shock absorbers (nodding along).I also noticed that when I release the foot brake after being stationary the ride height at the back slighty increases !!
Whilst a change of spheres maybe a good idea at this mileage, I am not sure this would solve the nodding issue.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Well, it's a high time to refill or replace the spheres, as after 8 years and 80.000 miles there's not much nitrogen left in there. If you want a comfortable ride, 4-5 years is maximum. It's not expensive to refill the spheres.
Changing the ride height at back after releasing brakes when stationary is normal on citroens with hydropneumatic suspension, because the height corrector sometimes gets confused if you stay on brakes.
So, don't worry ...
Edited by - alexx on 02 Dec 2002 22:15:35