refurb. injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

refurb. injectors

Post by 8304 »

has anybody fitted refurbished injectors to there turbo d??

i dont think there is anything wrong with my current ones but do new cause any diffeences like quieter running, more power or better fuel consumption????
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I did change the injectors on one of my XMs at about 250k miles, and although the old ones looked in bad shape i.e. the needle valves were burnt away and were flush with underside, it didn't really make a lot of difference!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Try some of these popular diesel cleaner additives. Cheap and sometimes do small miracles.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I did the ones on my (non turbo) BX at around 200000 miles, as it was getting a bit marginal on the smoke test and the usual cures didn't work- the old injectors were recessed round the tips with the needles protruding slightly, upsetting the spray pattern.

It made no difference to performance or consumption, but dramatically improved results on the smoke test, and it sounded a bit more knocky.

the only other difference was that it had always been a tiny bit jerky to drive at slow speed/low revs- that disappeared.

I'd leave well alone until the smoke tester tells you otherwise, and don't bother shelling out for injector cleaner- its repackaged paraffin....!!!