ZX electric seat fitment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

ZX electric seat fitment

Post by Village »

How difficult it to fit the seats from a volcane into a "normal" zx, as I understand that they have some electrical adjustment? They've got to be more comfotable that the spongey things I have in my Dimension!!

Cheers

Pete
French car free zone....
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I've never seen electrically adjusted seats on a Volcane. There should be two main differences between models:

1. 3-door and 5-door are different.
2. Newer ones have the pretensioners, which may cause problems.

Volcane seats are lovely, as long as you aren't too broad!

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lol I'm a fat boy & have no worries with Volcane seats. The closest I've been to seeing electric adjustment seats in a ZX is in the Owners book. :lol:
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

If the seats in your ZX have pyrotechnic seatbelt pretensioners then the seat base has an extra bracket pop riveted on & is reinforced.

You would really need to find some seats that have the same seatbelt setup as you already have :wink:
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

If your looking at doing a straigh swap they will just drop straight in, thew only differances I've seen is the rear seat corners are different from 3 & 5 door, but they'll still fit & the 3 door bases are slightly different, the outer slider is turned 90 degrees & mounts to the inner sill rather than bolted through the floor as per the 5 door.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The Volcane seats I swopped into my car dont have any elecs connected, they do adjust for height mechanicaly by means of lil handle near the drivers door (UK) though. :D

If you do make the swop, undo the rear bolts on the front seats first, because when you undo the front ones the plastic inserts they screw into usualy come out of the floor and jam up the seat slider mechanism thus preventing you from moving the seat foreward to gain access to the rear bolts. :roll: :( I also advise swopping the door cards as well unless the seats you get are a good match for your existing ones.. :)

As stated, the Volcane seats are extremely good, both in appearance, support, and comfort.. I am very glad that I swopped mine over.. *tries (not very hard) not to look smug* lol.. :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lol I have mine dry stored waiting to go in, got to finish the body first tho :(
Is there a trick to getting out of a set of volcane gracefuly? or am I just too short & fat?
tony1

Post by tony1 »

I think it is only the posh leather ones that have electrical adjustment, like these ones on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-ZX-Volcan ... dZViewItem
02 - Berlingo HDI Forte
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

It would appear that the only elecs involved is the ability to recline without turning the handle manualy?? :? It's not something we do very often so why did they bother? :roll: :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

there is only one useful thing I can think of with electric seats & that the memory function some have. I know a lad who six weeks ago took its car for a MOT & so far still hasn't found the position he had it in before. Also its useful when your trying to move mothers car, she sits so scaryly clost to the steering wheel, I can't get in, the xant would be useful if it had memory seats