Xantia: Petrol to LPG in 2.0 16v?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

Post by dnsey »

[/quote]If you want any of the gory details let me know.

[/quote]

G o on then! :lol:
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

^^^^^^^
Alright then

The Merc C Class that backfired and shattered the plastic inlet manifold and ruined the bonnet. The manifold was £600 ish plus vat to replace.

The fleet of Honda Accords VTEC's that after 30,000 miles had melted the cylinder heads around the valves as LPG runs hotter, the ECU's had 'forgot' how to run on petrol and would'nt tickover at the less than 4000 rpm if run on petrol. The heads cost £1000 each to replace ECU's £700 each plus the ECU and ignition key are matched, so new lock sets were need at £400 ish. The fleet was 10 cars so you can only imagine what the cost to rectify was.

A car that was handed back to the customer with a gas leek when the LPG was installed and filled the cabin with vapour and rendered the driver unconcious and caused a 3 car accident though nobody was hurt.

Another gas leak that killed two dogs and left their owners in hospital with cold burns.

The already mentioned wiring that was cabled tied to the coolant top hose and then melted.

Insecure tanks, Imagine that coming through the back seat at you in an accident.
deian

Post by deian »

no no, stop, i'll get nightmares, ok i won't do it! EVER, stop! :cry:
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

blimey :shock: