Replacing Accumulator Sphere

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Thanks for the advice there Dave. Sounds like I may as well replace the Anti-sink as well.
We had a go at doing it before actually - found the antisink almost impossible to remove. It seemed to have a pipe going into it which just span round wheh we tried to remove the sphere. We stopped to avoid any damage and tightened it back up, and then someone on another group said the anti-sink never needs replacing anyway becuase all it does is stop the car sinking. I get the impression that you seem to know exactly what's what with these cars, so I think I'll take your advice over theirs and give it another go :)
Hopefully get round to doing this just after Christmas.
Is it worth getting some new front spheres as well? Already done the back, got the accumulator here ready to fit when the time arises, and by the sounds of it we'll be doing the anti-sink as well - front's seem ok, but is it worth replacing them for the sake of it and for the ability to have new spheres all round?
1994 Citroen Xantia SX 1.9 Turbo Diesel
147,500 miles
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Do the fronts if it needs them, pushing down on it should give an idea of their condition.
If it doesn't look as though its had any since new its going to be well ready now, and its the only way to be sure of their state other than getting them tested, which is not cost effective.
Dave