1999 Xantia Remote programming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

1999 Xantia Remote programming

Post by citroenxm »

Hi All

Purchased an Xantia 1998, with RF locking, but the original RF key was missing.

Purchased a replacement RF key, but stuck with getting it to talk to the car.

I have AUTODATA CD but its a bit vuage,as it says "Wait for system LED to extinguish - if fitted".. Whats that refering too??

It then needs the system LED to light for 0.5 of a sec..

How do I know the Key is working at all?? I've checked the battery, it has 2.89 volts, and the key switches do work, I've checked these with a meter..

anyone help please?? Many thanks

citroenxm
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you need a diagnostic computer to program xantia RF plips.you also need the 4 digit transponder code (should be on a credit card sized plastic card with a scrathch off panel) to do this & all the cars keys need to be reprogramed at the same time.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 1999 Xantia Remote programming

Post by wheeler »

citroenxm wrote: it says "Wait for system LED to extinguish - if fitted".. Whats that refering too??
that sounds as if its referring to the transponder imobiliser system.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Is it a new key? Does the key start the engine? You need the diagnostic computer to program the key to start the ignition but I am not sure about making the RF plip open the doors. I have read that you don't need it for that.

I found this info somewhere on the net that you could try
(2 BUTTON PLIP KEY) Procedure 1.Ensure all doors are unlocked using the key. 2.Press and HOLD the large plip key button while the LED flashes con-tinuously for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds press the small deadlock but-ton once while still holding the large button. 3.The LED will stop flashing.
4.Release the large button and the LED will light constantly. 5.Press the large button one time, and the LED will go out. 6.Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch, and press the large plip button one time. 7.Now turn the ignition ON, and wait 10 seconds then turn ignition OFF. 8.After 5 seconds, Plip should now operate.
Please let me know if it works as I have a plip from another car I need to program to my car. I can get the transponder reprogrammed to work the ignition as I know someone with the diagnostic computer.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless