XM Mirror wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rowanmoor
My Cars:

XM Mirror wiring

Post by rowanmoor »

I am trying to replace the passenger side mirror motor on my Mk2 XM. I got a new motor unit from Citroen, and it has a plug connector (2 rows of 4 pins - PC jumper/IDE style). When I unscrewed the old unit on my XM I found it was hard wired in. Citroen are unable to provide a connector, wiring diagram or anything else of course, they say I have to buy a whole new mirror at £180 :roll:

Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram that will show which coloured wires need to go to which connectors?

I have looked in the Haynes manual, but it does not even show all the wires going there (it ignores the control unit for the reverse dipping alltogether).

Also is there anywhere I could get the plug to connect it with to avoid a fiddly soldering job?
Cheers,
Rowan.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

is there anywhere I could get the plug to connect it with to avoid a fiddly soldering job?
Can't help with the colour codes, I'm afraid.
Wouldn't Scotchlocks be OK for connection if you don't want to solder it? Shouldn't be difficult to solder, though (just don't forget to put the heatshrink or whatever over the wires before soldering!). You'd have to fit the plug somehow anyway.
rowanmoor
My Cars:

Post by rowanmoor »

Unless I can find the actual plug to use I am going to have to solder onto the contacts on the unit. It just has the socket ready to accept a nice unobtainable Citroen speciality plug...

I can get to the contacts easily enough, it will just be a bit fiddly as they are close together and I will have to be careful the heat doesn't unsolder anything else or damage the unit.
Cheers,
Rowan.