Xsara HDI management light fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dty
My Cars:

Xsara HDI management light fault

Post by dty »

:cry: I recently had my engine remapped and really happy with it and had a previous fault as my engine management light remained on, and I hoped that the remap guy would be able to use his gizmo to wipe it clear, but no luck and the code read as P0906.
I had this probelm a little while ago when it originally happened when initially the engine would not start up and hiccupped at the first go and then it came on with the management light.
Had it wiped by a PC guru using his machine but a week later it happened again, and have been driving about with it on since. There does not appear to be anything obviously wrong with it, and the remap guy tried his hardest but no joy, although he did drive it prior and had no reason to doubt the engine and it's running then.
Any thoughts, cheap ones I hope!!!! :?:
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

If you have the code it is not difficult to get to the problem. I dont have the doccumentation here, but promise to look for it. maybe someone else on the forum knows about it.

Anyway, are you sure that the errors BEFORE and AFTER remapping are the same?? I had a fault after remapping which was the CR pressure being excessive...car also had trouble firing up!
Xantia Activa 2.0 HDi (1999)
Renault Clio 1.9D (1994)
BX 16TRS (1984) - RIP
Fiat Uno 45s (1987) - RIP
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

are you sure that p code is correct?
have a look here hole list of them www.peugeotmt.co.uk
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
dty
My Cars:

Xsara HDI management light

Post by dty »

Hi folks and thanks for you help, and the light was there prior to the remap as the code was told to me prior to the remap occuring and the light has been on for a couple of months now!
A confession is that I did try one of these resistor type devices that attach on the airflow sensor, and but that was only for a few days, and honestly don't think that it was attached when the light went on, but it may be related???
As far as the P0906 code goes, I have noted that the site you gave me was very helpful and I have e-mailed the remap guy to confirm that was the code.
I have just had my two back exhaust boxes replced and the Kwik Fit guy noted some previously repaired small holes in the cat and said it may be blowing, so do you think that this may be related?
I have also heard about the Lambda sensor being part of the exhaust and perhaps a fault with this? Intend taking the car to my local garage so here's hoping I'm not out big bucks!!!!! :(
Any thoughts?
dty
My Cars:

xsara engine management light

Post by dty »

sorry to be harping on about this but have noticed that I appear to be using more fuel than normal and OK had the remap done but I seem to have worked that out of my system so any thoughts allied to my last post please? :(
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara HDI management light

Post by wheeler »

dty wrote:
I have also heard about the Lambda sensor being part of the exhaust and perhaps a fault with this ?
citroen diesels dont have lambda sensors
dty
My Cars:

xsara managerment light

Post by dty »

oops sorry and thanks for correcting me.
Any idea if a faulty cat can cause this light to come on? :cry:
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there is no sensor to monitor the cat so i'd say it is very unlikely to be the cat causing the light to come on.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Have you been to citroen to have the ECU updated . My xsara hdi had the light coming on , when I first brought the car .

It did it over the first 2-3 months of having the car . (3 years old back then ) ,citroen upgraded ecu several times this got rid of the error, Been good as gold since ,Nearly 4 years gone. No light back on .

I know you have had it remaaped/reprogramed but try getting it done by a dealer ,
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy