xsara c/locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ste817

xsara c/locking

Post by ste817 »

I have a 99 xsara west coast and central locking has started acting up i try to lock with remote or key it will try to lock and then unlock i have fitted new front door lockd to no improvement can any one help
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Do I site serach for this one. I'm sure there's a couple of threads about this problem being down to the rubber tube from the door to the body work. Something about the wiring inside becoming broken.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

on my zx, if th drivers door lock on the inside is sticking (the bit that slides up and down at the top of the door card) it will cause this exact symptom......

worth i look i rekon
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
mipster
My Cars:

Post by mipster »

I've found that this is caused by the a lock being partly seized and the solenoid not having enough power to overcome the resistance.

I spent a saturday moring taking all the locks off my wifes car and giving them and all linkages a good clean and grease. Worked fine ever since.

of course could be a chaffed wire causing a voltage drop leading to the same symptons.

mipster
98 Xantia 2.1TD Estate 140,000mls
01 Xsara HDI, 130,000mls
97 Xantia TD, 240,000mls (died in france)