regassing spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charger

regassing spheres

Post by charger »

my xantia is not as comfortable as it used to be so i think the spheres need regassing,
it was done about 4 years 30000 miles ,
i have been quoted £20 per sphere making £100 in total,
the last time it was done i needed 2 new spheres which were £50 each(citroen original) ,i have seen new spheres on the gsf website for £18.50 my question is are these spheres as good as the original citroen parts and do they come gassed ie do you just fit them and drive off,
because i can't see the point of paying £20 to have on old one filled when you can have a new one for £18.50
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I think you've answered your own question!!!

Re-gassing makes financial sense in Australia and other parts of the world where replacement spheres seem to cost an absolute fortune, but not in the UK.

They do come ready gassed-just don't buy them from a Citroen dealer, where, as you have found out, they will charge you a Citroen price......... :!:

You just remove the old ones,hide them in the garden so future occupants of your house think they've found old anarchists bombs, screw on the replacements, and drive off into the sunset.
charger

Post by charger »

thanks for the speedy reply,
yep might as well buy 5 brand new spheres it's cheaper and easier than a regassing