Company Car....Oh dear.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Company Car....Oh dear.....

Post by mezuk04 »

...God!

Looks like im allowed one, got the documentation through so will be going through it with my father, i dont see me taking with it to be honest.

Im entitled to grade 7....yes im eligable for the 1 car i completely detest....really have a guess?????

But i am allowed to upgrade by 2....so that brings me into Focus's and Mondeo's.

All this paper is very confusing and scary!!!!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Company Car....Oh dear.....

Post by andmcit »

mezuk04 wrote:...God! Im entitled to grade 7....yes im eligable for the 1 car i completely detest....really have a guess?????
Go on, give us a clue. The list of new cars to completely detest is long and ugly...

Matiz!?

Ka?

Liana?

:lol:
Andrew
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well im 20 and its my first company car and im on the lowest grade, the company seems to be swimming in Fords......does that narrow it down?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

mezuk04 wrote:the company seems to be swimming in Fords......does that narrow it down?
Not a Fiesta Fusion!! utter pointless crap...
Walking suddenly seems more attractive!

Andrew
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thats right a Fiesta.....a 1.4TD fiesta 3dr to be precise.....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

Thing is guys depending on the income tax it may be much better off for me....so i wont own a Citroen :cry:
davehughes
My Cars:

Post by davehughes »

I've just got shot of my company Golf MK5 TDi That means that I get four grand a year to spend on the car of my choice so I bought my Xantia SX TD for 500 notes 8)

The best bit is my Xantia gives me the same fuel economy as the 55 plate golf TD did.

The main thing I missed when I had a comp car was not being able to fiddle with it and I had no excuse for rooting through scrapyards :lol:
1993 Citroen Xantia 1.9 SX TD 120,000 Metallic Grey
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Went for a ride in the back of a newish Fiesta the other night - wheel arches seemed to meet in the middle of the back seat - massive arch to get over to get out and the door seemed very long - so narrowly avoided denting car parked next to us which seemed a reasonable distance away.

The back Suspension seemed to make a lot of noise and strange 'Boing' noises - as though something was distorting.

Generally felt like something a decent manufacturer wouldn't have made 30 years ago - no wonder they are loosing money - if thats the best they can do they richly deserve to fail.

Rubbish when compared to a ZX!
jeremy
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If it does work out to be better then i will be going for a Mondeo LX 2.0TD Estate (probably)...just wonder what the spec is like for an LX.

I like having an amount of money to stick in my ISA every month from fuel allowance
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

I loved my company car, when I used to have one. I could never run a new 406 for what it cost me in tax. It really annoyed when people used moan about how unlucky and hard done they were. I landed to earth with a bump when I was faced with running my car.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

mezuk04 wrote:Thats right a Fiesta.....a 1.4TD fiesta 3dr to be precise.....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
At least its got a PSA engine under the bonnet :wink:
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

PowerLee wrote:
mezuk04 wrote:Thats right a Fiesta.....a 1.4TD fiesta 3dr to be precise.....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
At least its got a PSA engine under the bonnet :wink:
Yeah, unfortunately hes looking at a Mundano/Mondildo which hasn't. :cry:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Update:

I can only go as far as having a Fessa :oops: or a Focus 1.6TDCi 90 IV with CD & AC / LX / 5 door-Estate

So HR is organising a test drive for me with subbie for a Hatchback and Estate or if they say NO hehehe i will go to Ford Dealer tonight to have a look.

Ive done some calculations and it will cost me over a £100 a month to drive a company car (based on the tax and all that complicated stuff) and an additional £68 for upgrading but i pay just over £40 for insurance so im ignoring the £68 for the sake of it.

For having the reliability or lack of it :P , I dont have to worry about any break downs, pick ups, services, repairs, recovery etc etc etc and just have to pay my social mileage which to a certain extent am happy to cut down if im paying for it :lol: , the GF can walk to see me hehehehe.

Just got to confirm things with father tonight and take it from there,

If i took the cash option of £3000 (for the fessa) i need a 6year old car or newer that means spending some real cash on a car, probably have to take out a load with interest and thats putting me in a risk which im not prepared to do, while obviously with this money covering repairs etc as normal as its my car so this particular way is not for me!
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

I think i would rather kill my self than have a ford ! :shock:

(A bit over the top, but i really do detest them).

Can you not correct the errors of your companys ways and get a Citroen?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I couldnt agree more with you Quackers unfortuantly i shall just have to drug myself everytime im in it.

Ive posted on a ford site, oh the characters are so different to on here :cry: im feeling guilty already, to try and get some info about these cars.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

mezuk04 wrote:Update:

I can only go as far as having a Fessa :oops: or a Focus 1.6TDCi 90 IV with CD & AC / LX / 5 door-Estate

So HR is organising a test drive for me with subbie for a Hatchback and Estate or if they say NO hehehe i will go to Ford Dealer tonight to have a look.

Ive done some calculations and it will cost me over a £100 a month to drive a company car (based on the tax and all that complicated stuff) and an additional £68 for upgrading but i pay just over £40 for insurance so im ignoring the £68 for the sake of it.

For having the reliability or lack of it :P , I dont have to worry about any break downs, pick ups, services, repairs, recovery etc etc etc and just have to pay my social mileage which to a certain extent am happy to cut down if im paying for it :lol: , the GF can walk to see me hehehehe.

Just got to confirm things with father tonight and take it from there,

If i took the cash option of £3000 (for the fessa) i need a 6year old car or newer that means spending some real cash on a car, probably have to take out a load with interest and thats putting me in a risk which im not prepared to do, while obviously with this money covering repairs etc as normal as its my car so this particular way is not for me!
You know you could just carry on as you are and do nothing!

i.e. just use your OWN Cit and pay your own running costs. Works for most people!! :wink:

Under duress mind, the Focus would be preferable - the pundits rate it above all else in it's class as a decent driver's car!!

BUT IT'S STILL A FORD! :!:

Andrew