Xantia Electrics (sunroof +locks)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

frankie

Xantia Electrics (sunroof +locks)

Post by frankie »

1995 Xantia TD SX
Electric sunroof. Sticks in the up position. So far, WD applied to motor/gearbox & hoping I can leave it at that. Is a strip down required and if so, motor assembly or cable guides?
Central locking. I can live without the fuel flap solenoid but now the disease has spread to the tailgate release and the nsr door, I have intermittent operation from both. Will replacing the actuators fix it or could the central locking control unit be succumbing? Where is the control unit? Are the bits available from AS?
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

frankie,
on my xantia '93 lx, the central locking control boxes are loacted at the following places :- in the drivers door (you will have to remove the door panel to access) & under the cental console (just in front of the 'oddments' tray)
hope this is of some help
dom
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

When you say the sunroof's sticking, can you actually hear the motor trying to do its stuff, or could it be something else? I had some merry fun last year with my sunroof opening every time that I turned the ignition on. (Sometimes it tilted, sometimes it slid back). The cause turned out to be a dodgy contact in the switch - a minute or so of fairly vigorous exercise on the switch button sorted it without my having to strip anything down.
Mike