xsara mist jets

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

xsara mist jets

Post by 8304 »

There has been some posts on this site regarding upgrading on 306/zx washer jets to the xsra mist jet type. Is it a straight swap onto a '94 zx??

cheers

alastair
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If your car is a ZX then you need Peugeot mist jets

If your car is a 306 then you need Xsara mist jets

Xsara mist jets are the ones that go in the middle of the bonnet

Peugeot mist jets (407 if i remember) are for cars where the jets are underneath the bonnet right at the windscreen.

I think thats right!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

Hi there, I am thinking of getting some mist jets

would these just clip onto the underside of the bonnet like the current washer jets or would i have to set something up to hold them in place? Also assuming the fluid lines are the same size too?

Thanks

Edd
ZX 1.4I 1993 Reflex KDX
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Someone recently did the conversion using Peugeot (407 i think) for there Xantia, i am hopefully gonna be doing the same tomorrow (note both were Mk1's)

Apparently he didnt have to much trouble but needed a bit of glue to secure them so i shall see what happens tomorrow.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The Xsara jets fit both the Xsara and the Peugeot 306 with no modifications required.. :D

The Peugeot 407 mists jets do NOT fit the ZX. The input on the existing ZX jets is horizontal from the opp end to the jet exit. The input on the 407 jet is at 45degrees in a upward direction horizontaly, at right angles to the direction in which the water exits the jet. And on the 'wrong side. i.e. the side away from the pump.. :( :(

Due to the inlet being at an upward angle (remember they are actually upside down when in situ) you can't get the jet to sit flat up against the underside of the bonnet, I am going to try to fit mine somehow to the lug that is near the jets, situated about half an inch away from the underside of the bonnet about two inches to the right of the existing jet. I will also need to extend the length of water pipe. so will buy about an extra 2 yards to give myself plenty of leeway and replace all the pipes... But I need warmer weather first!! :roll:

In case I damage the old jet during removal, and can't replace it if things go wrong, I will do the passenger side first (furthest away from the pump) that way if problems arise fitting the new jet I can seal the pipe and use just the one washer untill I sort it out. :D (This would not be possible on a car with two wipers.) :(
Last edited by James.UK on 26 Jan 2006, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

I fitted spray bars from a 405 on my zx, plus some bits of hose and a few connecters. getting the water onto the screen directly before the wiper arrives means that I use less water per clean. I fixed the bars onto the wiper blades using cable ties
French car free zone....
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Ive done the modification.....i need advice :cry:

The jets are pretty much spraying over the windscreen, can get them onto the windscreen if i constantly start stop them then its better but im not well pleased with them :(
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

James, could you post a pic of the jet? Do you know if the spray angle is right to get up the screen ok?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ross.. erm I haven't taken any pics, :( mainly because I dont know how to post them on here anyway. :oops: :roll: :oops:

Hhmmm I could borrow a lil m/phone. Take some pics and maybe get them into my PC. If I manage that, I could email them to anyone interested.. :)

Where the jet goes directionaly depends on how you fit it to your ZX. I intend to fit to the lug as stated, that way I hope to be able to bend and twist the lug with a pair of pliers untill I get the jet to hit the screen in the right place. :roll: :)

Mez, I dont understand your question? Whats wrong? Sounds like a lack of water pressure? Or is it a directional problem? And on what model car??

EDIT - UPDATE> have taken some pics.. now I need to get them into my PC.. will update again later.. :?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/J ... C00016.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/J ... C00015.jpg

Big question is - - - did it work?
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I can see this getting confusing with two topics, multipul jets on different cars :lol:

Kepp us posted with the ZX fitment, as I say I'd be interested, but they look a completely different fitment
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

oooh I've just had a idea.

What about mounting a pair of Xsara or those jets to the plastic scuttle panel? would that be easier? & it wouldn't ruin the clean lines
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Interesting idea Ross. and the panel is removeable, but not a good idea to mess with it in this weather as the plastic will be very hard and brittle.

I removed mine last summer to make the wiper park the other side, :) but it was a very hot day and the plastic panel and its rubber cover were quite pliable (bendy).. Even so, it wasn't all that easy to do.. :roll: lol. ...

I tried putting mains pressure through one of the 407 jets "just to see what the spray looked like".. lmho.. I got soaked! so did the draining board, toaster, kitchen curtains, mirror, window, and the dog... :roll: :oops: It's great being daft. lmho ..
Last edited by James.UK on 28 Jan 2006, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yes very true.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

James, how are you getting on with these.
I've been waiting for my bro to come over so I can nick one of this new jets & experiment with mounting them on the plastic scuttle. As I'm not sure if the angle will be right for the jets.
If it works, do you know if they do misted heated jets? or is it best I ask if/when I order them?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Its a pity that when i hold the washers down they go straight over the windscreen even at speed....so i have to do the stalk on and off quickly which works good but annoying....will get round to lodging something in the front to point them down :lol: