zx aux drive belt tensioning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

coppertop

zx aux drive belt tensioning

Post by coppertop »

I've been trying to tighten the aux drive belt on the zx, 1.9 diesel non turbo, power steering, non air con, and according to the haynes it says to loosen the TWO locking bolts, one in the center of the tensioner pulley and one just below the tensioner pulley, but I can only see the one below the pulley there doesn't seem to be one in the centre of the pulley, am I looking in the right places, also the adjuster screw, is it an allen bolt? and which way do I turn the adjuster? Thanks in advance
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The one in the centre of the pulley should be there - it would be very difficult to set it up without! There might be a plastic disc in the pulley, lever this out, and then you should find the bolt in the recessed centre of the pulley. Turn the adjuster screw on the bottom anti clockwise to tension the belt - you are pulling the adjuster down. IIRC they're all 6mm allen bolts :twisted:
Richard W
coppertop

Post by coppertop »

thanks Richard, I'll have another go tommorrow
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

I've done this one recently, either requires a ramp or for you to remove a wheel and part of the arch on the driver side. All much clearer once i'd done that.

Had the same problem with what the haynes said and spent a while slackening off what turned out to be the mounting bolts for the alt itself!!

Hope this helps
  ...:::CITROENZX:::...