BX19GTI part numbers questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

arnonf

BX19GTI part numbers questions

Post by arnonf »

Hello all,
I need a new oil return piping for my 91' BX19GTI. Browsing on citroen-pr.net, I see two different PN for the same harness: "96 119 048" and "96 085 660" (this is referenced as "1" in the BX parts catalog return piping drawing)

1. Does anyone have any idea what's the difference between the two ?

2. What is the part number for the rubber return hoses that connect to the front suspension (two of them on each side, located under the whell arch) ?

3. ordering facia parts, how is the color of the dashboard manifested in the part number ? (for example, there are three "glove box" part numbers listed, that differ only by "LE"/"TR"/"TH" suffix.

4. What does "NFP" stands for ? (appears on many of the drawings)

Many many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

NPF means no longer available.

TH could be 'hex head'
TR could be 'round head' or 'Bitumen grey'
LE could be 'Dark sodalite blue'
but probably are interior colours for which I have no information.

96 119 048 would seem to be the complicated pipe to the reservoir with all its limbs but i can't find any reference to 96 085 660. Could it be the thin pipes to the rubber collector on the struts - as my diagrams show the collector alone whereas the genuine part is supplied with the pipe.

jeremy
jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Oil return piping ?
Must be LHM oil return piping then :wink:

1) From your listed part no's I take it you found the correct drawing on PR-net by the looks of your old piping. This means your '91 BX is produced sometime in feb/91 (or later)according to RP no 5168 or higher.
Valid drawing : 1230 03 3944 12 Return piping.

Item 1 on this drawing shows the piping you're referring to.
This is the so called "Small Octopus" and is a very common stocked spare part at your Citroen dealer.
This pipe complex connects to the front HC return stud - and the rear HC - via the steel pipe joining on the rear of the front subframe, which is 0ne of the 4 running to the rear of the car.
Further this complex takes the return from the PR (non servo fitted) with a rather long ½"outer dia rubber pipe. Or it is a rather short one for the servo fitted.

When ordering you just need to inform "small Octopus" for BX w/ servo RP no 5168 on.

2) This is the front strut leak-off piping. Its not return pipes as no flow of LHM oil is supposed to occur here. Only the seeping from the seals lubricating. This is found on drawing no. 1230 03 4345 10 Front suspension Cylinder.
Item 9 on this drawing is the 95 622 818 "LEAK BACK HOSE".
Same part for right or left side.
Note that the steel retaining clip is a separate part item 10 on drawing 96 127 591 "ADJUST COLLAR".
But as this is made of stainless steel you can re-use the retaining plate with a standard nylon zipper large size.
These parts are available at most aftermarket dealers.

I would not try ordering facia panels as this would most likely be small fortunes each part - if at all available. Your local scrap yard would be a much more sensible supplier.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

NFP stands for Not Factory Produced, or as my local parts manger says not a f**king prayer if you try and order one.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if its the leg pipe/s or the octapusy your after both of these are avalable from GSF,and if ordering the leg pipe/s it is best to get the retaining clip at the same time,and Anders was refering to servo and non servo what he should have said was with or without power steering in regards to the octapusy,as BXs where never fitted with a servo because the brake system has allways been through the hydraulic circuit
much regards to ANDERS
from malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

servo // n. (pl. -os)
1 (in full servo-mechanism) a powered mechanism producing motion or forces at a higher level of energy than the input level, e.g. in the brakes and steering of large motor vehicles, esp. where feedback is employed to make the control automatic.
2 (in full servo-motor) the motive element in a servo-mechanism.
3 (in comb.) of or involving a servo-mechanism (servo-assisted).
[Latin servus ‘slave’]

I'm sure Anders was referring to the power assisted steering as Servo Steering

My 1989 Glass technical specs gdook confidently assures me that my BX TD has vacuum servo brakes!! - the asistance for other models is correctly described - front from main accumulator, rear from rear suspension!

jeremy
jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

In danish language we use the common word "servo" for power steering :oops:
Likewise we use the word "generator" for the alternator.

Its not easy finding your luck these days :lol:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

this all maybe so but in the UK garage trade servo relates to a vaccum device that assists the braking presure,besides all that we are sidetracking from octapusys with or without "sevo" power steering and leg pipes
regards malcolm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Octopus with power assisted steering ? :lol: :lol:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

on all 8 te**ticles
regards malcolm
citronut