xantia radio code and wipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batbay
My Cars:

xantia radio code and wipers

Post by batbay »

Well, at first it was just the common problem of a broken clutch cable clip. But eventually I have got to the stage of having a working clutch but NO MUSIC!!
After reconnecting the battery the radio wanted me to input the code, but I didn't have it. My local Citroen Dealer (Newport I.O.W. - very helpful) looked it up through the VIN, but it didn't work. Presume the radio has been changed. I will try to contact the previous owners, but as I have all the paperwork and service history I don't expect any joy from them.
So, any ideas? Or do I just upgrade my music (it was suggested £50 to re-code, but I can buy a CD system for £99).
Also (coincidence?) the intermittent and wash/wipe has packed up.
(Oh,the radio is a 3030)
higgy
My Cars:

Post by higgy »

I had the same problem with the radio code on my xantia.Give the dealers the serial number off the radio and they can get you the right code. Can't help with the wipers though.
Xantia786
My Cars:

Post by Xantia786 »

I had to buy a replacement 3030 for my xantia about 3 months ago and had the problem of no radio code and the breakers had already crushed the car so no vin.I remember a firm on the net,somewhere in scotland i believe,who can supply the code from the serial no of the radio.As far as i know this is only applicable to xantia's fitted with the blaupunkt type radio, although there were listings for other models as well.50 quid is a lot as most radio shops only charge between 10-15 pounds to change the code.If the code has been changed in the past then only option is recoding im afraid.
batbay
My Cars:

Post by batbay »

Thanks higgy and Xantia 786. I now have music again, it was the Scottish connection, and I will post the details seperately,
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

IMHO it's time some politician or other took-up this nonsense and forced manufacturere to find a better security-scheme.
If a house-alarm forced you to rewire the cooker with the mains turned on, the H&S people would soon ban the thing. Why are cars any different, I ask? Beacuse it's 12v doesn't mean it cant take your fingers off if the starter kicks-in accidentally.