how long for suspension to rise?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

_kid_

how long for suspension to rise?

Post by _kid_ »

Can anyone give a definitive time taken for the car to rise after it is left for a long period of time (specifically if left say 12hours or more eg overnight). Mine takes 10 secs for the STOP light to go out, and another 20seconds for the suspension to rise to ride height. The car is the standard 6-sphere type.

Cheers and a HNY
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

That sounds about right for an anti-sink model. Presumably it is not going completely down overnight, only down an inch or two ?

On an anti-sink model you can drive off as soon as the stop light goes out provided the suspension wasn't completely down to begin with...

Mine (hydractive 2) takes about 8 seconds for the stop light to go out and a total of 25 seconds (including the first 8 seconds) for it to finish lifting, after being parked for 12 hours.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

It can depend on the overall condition of the hydraulic system. If the fluid is dirty and/or the filters are blocked, this will increase the rise time, as will a worn hydraulic pump or a slipping pump drive belt. The outside temperature can also affect it as the fluid thickens when cold.
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

Mandrake wrote:That sounds about right for an anti-sink model. Presumably it is not going completely down overnight, only down an inch or two ?

On an anti-sink model you can drive off as soon as the stop light goes out provided the suspension wasn't completely down to begin with...

Mine (hydractive 2) takes about 8 seconds for the stop light to go out and a total of 25 seconds (including the first 8 seconds) for it to finish lifting, after being parked for 12 hours.

Regards,
Simon
yes the car only goes down a couple of inches or so at night and rises nice and smoothly in the morning, so looks like it is ok.

many thanks
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,