Juddery Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davehughes
My Cars:

Juddery Xantia

Post by davehughes »

I have just bought a '93 Xantia SX TD as an economical workhorse. It is my first citroen and I am over the moon with it, however when I lift the clutch or accelerate/decelerate too quickly, the car judders or bangs itself backwards and forwards a few times until I accelerate out of it. It also starts to do this in traffic if the gear I am in is slightly too high ie slow moving, or if the car in front is doing just under thirty my car will do it a bit in 4th.

Do you readers think it's an engine mount, or is it the engine. The clutch has about 40.000 miles left on it.

Dave
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The rear engine mounting by this story:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=17190
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Check that previous owners/garage services have not left out gearbox mounting bolts. In that case you will clearly see a visisble gap between box & engine.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

clutch needing to be adjusted can cause this,also most citroens do not like going along in 4th gear at 30miles per hour or less,it is usual to be in 3rd at this speed
regards malcolm
Peter Mannn
My Cars:

Post by Peter Mannn »

This can also be symptomatic of an air leak in the induction side. Check hoses for splits and tightness of inlet manifold.