C5 Traffic Master

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnway
My Cars:

C5 Traffic Master

Post by johnway »

Hello,
This is fitted (as standard I think) to my 2002 LX HDI estate but is not licensed. Does anybody out there use this system and can advise if it is worth the license fee? What do you get for your money? Is a hack available? (Tch Tch!!)
Regards,
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Hi John

Depends who you talk to alot of people rekon its rubbish.
Mother's Xantia has it from factory & it was excellent, ok not has advanced as some, but did tell you all the vitial stuff, busy traffic etc. I think its also down to coverage (but don't quote me on that). Her license has run out on her's & she hasn't got round to renewing it.

I have also heared that Rover 25 clocks have traffic master in them & it doesn't need a license to use but again chinese wispers :wink:
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

I find these sort of gadgets are at their best when they are turned off.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I have renewed my Trafficmaster twice now. It has saved me from queues, mainly on motorways. It is good when driving in unknown areas. £30 for a year is nothing compared to fuel, depreciation, servicing.......
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.