I never thought THIS would happen to me but...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

I never thought THIS would happen to me but...

Post by andmcit »

I've literally a few minutes back managed to lock myself out of my VSX Xantia 2.0i Auto!!

Yes, with the ignition keys in the ignition!!

Didn't realise how easy it would be either. The car was unlocked on the central locking and the car's parked outside my garage whilst I've been working on it...I tried opening the door on the passenger side and believe it or not the bloody central locking triggered, I guess due to the fact the door wasn't properly closed.

This I assure everybody is TOTALLY GENUINE and not a bright weese to learn from those in the know how to break into Xantias

BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW A NON VIOLENT WAY OF GETTING INTO MY DAMNED CAR!?

I guess I can go and find a local yobbo 11 year old kid that can get in EVERY car in 10 seconds but even they're thin on the ground at this moment in time...

HELP!!

Andrew
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

do you have breakdown cover because they usualy have the gear to get into locked cars
regards malcolm
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

If you can open the bonnet, you could try and disconnect the battery and flash the lead on the battery post. This works on some cars to release the central locking.??? (Mostly the far eastern cars)
Ex 307 2.0Hdi 90 bhp 2003
Ex Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 2008
Ex Vauxhall Insignia SRI 2.0 CDTi 2010
C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+ 2014
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

assuming you don't have a spare set of keys....

can you do the normal trick of poking a bent-straight coathanger down the side of the window and catching the lock mechanism? Or is this not possible on a Xant?
This is not a signature.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

fastandfurryous wrote:assuming you don't have a spare set of keys....

can you do the normal trick of poking a bent-straight coathanger down the side of the window and catching the lock mechanism? Or is this not possible on a Xant?
DONE IT!! YOU'RE SPOT ON - OLD WIRE COATHANGER AND DESPERATION...

Just annoyed I've scratched the paint a bit... :x

At the lowest point I was considering smashing one of the door windows as it'd be cheaper than paying a locksmith and my AA cover doesn't include homestart...

Hohum
Normally I lose the damned keys!

Andrew
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well if you ever need to smash the glass for such an instance for this then its nothing expensive to get a replacement from a scrappers at least 8)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

mezuk04 wrote:Well if you ever need to smash the glass for such an instance for this then its nothing expensive to get a replacement from a scrappers at least 8)
That's exactly what my thoughts were - just didn't want to leave the car open to the elements with this sodding useless weather [I can't get the car in the garage unfortunately!]

Thing that put me off was shards of glass EVERYWHERE - no matter how vigilant you can be with the vac they'll always turn up being ingrained into the interior surface of the deep velour of the VSX seat material.

Then there's the messing around with door trim removal and the glass in the the window guides etc combined with the lecky motor mechanism...

Lets just say I'm glad I keep the old coathanger handy. I used it last on my CX GTi turbo which literally opened in about 15 seconds!!

Tonight's method was cruder than removing the weather strip though
:shock:

All the best,
thanks, Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 22 Dec 2005, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

True, door cards arent my fave, i will be doing the rear door in my xantia soon to lube up the locking but if you smashed the passenger side window at least you wont be affected by the bits of glass sticking in the rear quarter :P
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(