Dashbaord Retrimming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Dashbaord Retrimming

Post by rossnunn »

your opinions on fabric, glue, finishes, steps, advise ect etc pls
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

All depends on how far you want to go but I should imagine that beyond 'improving' the Zx setup you will open a can of worms - if for example you decide to build your own.

This link is to a company that supply fabrics - amongst other things to classic restorers. they've been in business for many years and may have something suitable

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/

I have bought Tim instruments from Speeding - who do an excellent on-line shop with rapid delivery.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Styl ... erior.html

However I have fitted the instruments (Voltmeter and temp gauge) in 2 separte vehicles on separate occasions at least a year apart and each time had to secure the gauge in the pod with tape wound round it as the clamp provided was for a panel fitting and wouldn't fit the gauge anyway! (Supplied with the gauge in unopened sealed boxes). No real problem and probably typical of the grief that one gets when doing these jobs.

Now I wonder if you can get Rover style bits of wood to stick inside a ZX?
jeremy
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Fluffy fur fabric was popular some years ago :twisted:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you could also get fl*ck that was sprayed on in the seventys and eightys,usualy onto the outside of the roof though
regards malcolm
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yeh I'd really like to keep the leatherette look of standard, there is a new binicle going in & I want it to look as factory as possible (hence the recover) I think I'm going to go for some black faux leather fabric. My main concern is the glue in the sun, I have read stories of people using Evo stick & others that are fine but after a few weeks in the sun the glue fails & comes unstuck, making the fabric loosen & crinkle