Demister partially working?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Demister partially working?

Post by tonyb1 »

Hi guys. I'm having a bit of trouble with my back window demister this year. Only certain areas of it are demisting. Some parts of it don't clear, like some of the lines across the window don't clear, and some do, Is there an easy fix for this apart from changing the window? Thanks.
Xantia 1.9 TD LX 1994 - 152,000 miles and running, strange vibrations
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Go to your local spares shop and get some electro-conductive silver paint which exists for just this purpose-then just check each non-working line in turn for breaks and paint them over- don't use the useless template that comes with the paint:use 2 bits of masking tape very close together.

My bottle was made by Granville, who do the copper grease, etc, and it works very well!!!!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

bxbodger is corect except for the maskingtape,i find that selotape or any tape with a smooth edge is best other wise you end up with a furry edge,also you should not put this paint on in exsses,just use it in moderation and just the point where its needed,as to much or to thick can explode your screen,because it alters the resistence
regards malcolm
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Thanks chaps, I'd heard that the paint wasn't recommended but I'll give it a go based on what you said. Thanks again :D
Xantia 1.9 TD LX 1994 - 152,000 miles and running, strange vibrations
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I did some of mine many years ago with silver paint as described and its still working some 6 years later. Must finish the job!
jeremy
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Well, your only alternative is a new window! so it must be worth a try. Make sure the glass is dry and preferably warm, otherwise the tape/paint may not stick.