rear brakes xsara hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

rear brakes xsara hdi

Post by simonelsey »

Ive used this company for front brake pads and discs http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/
Have not used them for rear yet as the rear pads seem to be wrong , These are lockhead delphi LP699 which fit xsara ,zs ,pug306 etc (but alas not for my xsara). But the company also lists LP1778 which last year where not listed .
Any ideas as to where I can get the Lockhead delphi templates from, have download citroen page from this site but no picture of LP1778 . The only difference I belive is the caliper locating lug .
Yes I have emailed them and company insist picture on web site.
Very keen as front discs/pads and rear pads and discs come to about £60 delivered .
Ive used them on front and are quite good value and I got them next day delevery.ANy help be great
Cheers Simon
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Be careful! Nothing wrong with the pads themselves but the contact patch on those I fitted to the front of our ZX 1.9D was slightly bigger in the centre and tried to make contact on a section of the disc that had rusted. Results were that the brakes were poor. New discs and pads now mean that they are merely uninspiring.
jeremy