Xsara pollen filter location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

liam

Xsara pollen filter location

Post by liam »

Hi all,
Sorry to ask such a seemingly obvious question, but can anyone enlighten me as to the location of the pollen filter in a facelift Xsara? I have no Haynes manual as they don't produce one for the Mk 2 (not that it would be very helpful anyway!) and a search on the forum hasn't brought anything up. Your help would be appreciated!!
Thanks.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well in the Xantia, never realised it had one until i read the handbook at work :lol: its above the footwell carpet at the front passenger side.

The cover is held in place with 3 screws on mine, some just slide off and clips also i think. Its a long thin rectangle and the filter just goes up inside it....however could differ with a Xsara but i cant see that being the case...but then again im no mechanic :oops:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Ive read on here that someone just washed theirs over and shoved it back in, wack a load of that Fabreeze jive on it and away you go. Smelling lovely again. I will have to get off my backside one of these days and do the same with mine...
99 Xsara SX HDi 105k with PSi power box- smokier but well worth the wonga!
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

aye apparently they can be washed and dried (eventually they will fall apart) in their own time (airing cupboard) but for all that arsing about you may aswell just buy a new one
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

mezuk04 wrote:Well in the Xantia, never realised it had one until i read the handbook at work :lol: its above the footwell carpet at the front passenger side.

The cover is held in place with 3 screws on mine, some just slide off and clips also i think. Its a long thin rectangle and the filter just goes up inside it....however could differ with a Xsara but i cant see that being the case...but then again im no mechanic :oops:
On the xsara its in the same location.