MOT...Yay!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jade Falcon
My Cars:

MOT...Yay!!

Post by Jade Falcon »

It's been just under a year since I got my XM, and today it went for the first MOT under my ownership. I must admit that I was expecting something to be wrong. Two front tyres had been replaced, my aircon problem solved, but I was expecting something to be wrong with it, a ten year old car.

Imagine my relief when I came back from the test to find it had passed with absolutely nothing needing to be done, they didn't even pull the old trick of needing new wiper blades. :D

The only thing I was told was that the front brake pads will need renewed in the near future, but overall I'm well pleased. :D
1994-95 Citroen XM 2.0 CT Turbo Exclusive Hatchback
Rob81
My Cars:

Post by Rob81 »

It's always a great feeling to pass an MOT without any problems!

I think I've only managed it once. My Xantia is due it's test in Feb - I'm not looking forward to it!

Congratulations on your pass though.

Rob
Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Tourer
Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi Camper (conversation)

Previously;
Lots of Citroens including 2CVs, Dyane, Acadiane, Bx, Activa, XM CX and Picasso
Oystercatcher
My Cars:

Post by Oystercatcher »

My Xant went through it's test a couple of weeks ago. The service manager told me the guy was going to fail it at first "Because the brake pedal doesn't feel right...."

Actually, the brake pedal feels fine thank you very much, because I've done the mod and removed the spring..... and they've passed the car twice before with it done :roll:

I told him about the mod and he said if I was happy (I was) he'd pass it.

When I got the certificate, I didn't recognise the tester's name, so it was obviously a new guy used to F*rds with six feet of pedal travel. I guess the previous tester knew how proper Cit brakes should feel and thought nothing of it.....

Might be one to watch out for

Alan
'98 Xantia TD SX 123K - Gone! - Now a Citroen-free zone :(
Wanted another Hydro Cit, didn't want a C5, can't afford a C6..... Yet :)
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Similar issue with Citroen handbrakes. Where I took the CX a couple of months ago the guy was about to fail it for "no handbrake," until I pointed out the cables going to the front wheels rather than the back ones.....
This is not a signature.