A couple of ZX things...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

A couple of ZX things...

Post by Village »

1) why do the front winder winders wind the wrong way? the rear ones go the right way, why can't those in the front?

2) Is there any way I can get the rear parcel shelf string things to retract into the shelf the way they should? Mine just sit there at full extension and flap about in the wind after they get trapped outside the bootlid.

3) Is Volcane TD suspension lower than normal TD suspension? If so, is it a straight swap?

thanx in advance

Pete
French car free zone....
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Pete.

(A) Maybe your front doors have the hinges on the wrong end and should have been fitted to the opposite side? They are french you know. :roll: Try winding the handles while sitting faceing the rear of your car and see if that solves the problem :-) :wink:

(B) I drilled holes in the parcell shelf, threaded the strings through, and tied a weight on the end. problem solved. :D

(C) I have no idea.. But lowering your car may cause you problems with speed bumps, and parking alongside high kerbs.. :?
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

1) why do the front winder winders wind the wrong way? the rear ones go the right way, why can't those in the front?

It's a Citroen thing - the ones in the Visas used to go the wrong way as well - you get used to it (both our ZXs have been electric in the front though!)

2) Is there any way I can get the rear parcel shelf string things to retract into the shelf the way they should? Mine just sit there at full extension and flap about in the wind after they get trapped outside the bootlid.

Yes, buy a repair kit from Citroen, and replace the elastic. You can try replacing the elastic yourself, but you need some strong yet very stretchy stuff.

3) Is Volcane TD suspension lower than normal TD suspension? If so, is it a straight swap?

Yes, it's lower, and yes it's a 'straight' swap. Swapping the rear means changing out the whole rear subframe though, and a Volcane will come with discs, which need pressure reducers in the lines, and may need a different master cylinder (not sure about that). The Volcane may have a thicker front ARB as well (see other recent posts on that).
Richard W
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: A couple of ZX things...

Post by Clogzz »

Village wrote:Is there any way I can get the rear parcel shelf string things to retract into the shelf the way they should?
This applies to Xantia, but may be of use:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 677f8c7b69
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389