Xantia problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

liamkeen

Xantia problems

Post by liamkeen »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people just after a little help i bought a 1998 xantia est 1.8 16v in may with 30k on the clock no probs at all ive got 44k on it now and recently put a new backbox on it as the baffles had gone the susspension has got really bouncy and im thinking/being told it might be the front spheres? and sometimes it jerks up when you start up/turn off,the LHM level is always on max when the car is jacked up is this normal only surely some should of gone?
also my intermittent wipers have stopped working and the full speed is tempermental and you have to tap the stalk quite frequently to make is work i have stripped the lower steering wheel cover to check for loose wires to no avail i know its long winded but its really frustrating me and any help would be gladly welcomed
thanks in advance
liamkeen

Post by liamkeen »

any help please anyone?
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

If it jerks then you might need to check the height corrector linkages as they may be a bit stiff and need cleaning and lubricating. Bouncy suspension is generally down to flat spheres so that would be a good place to start. The LHM level indicator should be between the two rings on the sight glass with the suspension set to max height, more of a worry if it's too low than too high.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm