1998 : Xantia, door card removal??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

London luke

1998 : Xantia, door card removal??

Post by London luke »

Its a mad time of year to be doing it !1 But I want to apply a couple of layers of sounddeadening to each door (hifi thing !)

managed to find the 2 x long screws under the door pocket /box lid.

then 2 x smaller screws inside the speaker hole. The rest ?? I havent a clue !! Dont want tp force anything.

if you know .Please help !!

Cheers
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

IIRC, that's all of them!
The rest is down to those annoying fasteners which break off or pull out of the card! Go slowly, and have a few spare fastenetrs for refitting (and a couple of the sockets they fit in, which have a habit of falling inside the door).
Good luck :wink:
BTW, there's not a lot of spare room inside the door for damping material - I've tried it.
London luke

Post by London luke »

Cheers

In that case I wont ry it until the car has come back from a long drive and all the plastics are not brittle from the cold.
I want to get as much S/D material on as possible.
London luke

Post by London luke »

Bloody hell................ I have never seen a door card water seal like the one fitted to a Xantia !! There is no way to get it off I reccon.. well not that you could put it back on again......
After cleaning as much as possible I managed to get a lot of S/D inside the doors. Now it sound much better and closes with a good Thud !! The speakers will be a lot more happier.

The hardest door card i have ever had to remove !! managed to only break one clip.

next step is to run new speaker cables ..... Another day !!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I have never seen a door card water seal like the one fitted to a Xantia !! There is no way to get it off I reccon.. well not that you could put it back on again......
I should have mentioned that I came to the same conclusion, so I cut the apertures diagonally with a sharp knife, and duct taped it together again afterwards.