AX Thermostat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yangreen

AX Thermostat

Post by yangreen »

I'll add my name to the growing number of "I'm cold" topics!

Borrowed girlies AX today. Heater gets warm but never hot. Takes about 10 minutes to start kicking out decent heat also. I suspect 'stat but hard to tell as there is no gauge! Any good way to check? I know you can hold onto the rad hose and see if it gets gently warm or suddenly warm but that can take a while to happen anyway when it's this cold!

Also appreciate some clues on the replacement as it's also too cold for me to go poking around under the bonnet when the car is covered in ice!

BX one will be getting done at the weekend too.

Bloomin' watercooled cars. Never have this trouble in the 2cv. It NEVER gets warm inside!!!

Ian
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

As you stand in front of car, l/h end of block,plastic housing 2 or 3 10mm bolts, in and out 10 minutes, bit more if you drain off and re-fill coolant properly.

I like AX's :-)
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If the thermostat is u/s, the top hose will start to get warm very soon after you start the engine as will the radiator. You can allways stuff a pice of cardboard down in front of the radiator as a temporary measure, but dont leave it there on a high speed journy!