c15d steering problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

desperate

c15d steering problems

Post by desperate »

please help I am depressed and desperate, I have a 1988 c15d van(for my gardening business)in vgc however the mot was failed due to the bottom steering knuckle having excessive play. when i enquired price/availability for lower portion of the steering column i was told that that part and part number had been superceeded by a new part with a new part number nobody seems to knows if the new part would fit. The problem being the steering rack connection i.e. whether the new part and the old rack would be compatible the only solution offered was to buy a new rack as well as the part. expensive solution
so does anyone out there have any thoughts about this problem and can offer any solutions. I would be very grateful. incidently prices quoted by Citroen for these parts was £122 and £226 + vat
If nobody can help anyone got a used wheelbarrow
Edited by - desperate on 15 Nov 2002 19:42:41
Jon

Post by Jon »

Don't despair!
In 1989 the C15 steering rack and column were modified. Before this date the lower steering colmn was round and splined at the bottom, in 1989 it was changed to a sqaure fixing, for whatever reason.
The good news? I may have one, email me on Monday morning and I will check stock (wobs@andyspares.com). If not, do not worry, the Peugeot 205 diesel uses the same lower column >3/89, you may be able to obtain a good second hand item, mail me anyway, I'm sure that we used to do this part at Andyspares. (can't check now, I am at home)
Jon Wood
forum@andyspares.com
desperate

Post by desperate »

Thanx for the information its a great help and relief to find out that all may not be lost. Please expect an e-mail 1st thing monday morning
many thanks
desperate