Annoying hydraulic problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

samtronic
My Cars:

Post by samtronic »

Mandrake wrote: I presume you took the hose off in the process of trying the other clamp? If so you probably let some air in the pipe, thus the difficulty getting it to prime at first.
Correct.
As for the clip, Jubilee clip may not be the right kind - over here we don't call them that, we just call them "hose clamps", and they are made of stainless steel, have a steel strap with slots in it, and a worm drive screw with both a hex and slot drive, and they are VERY strong and reliable, no way could you break one by overtightening it on a rubber hose, you'd crush the hose first.
We don't call them Jubilee clips here either, I don't think we can even get the Jubilee brand in Denmark, but it was a worm drive type clamp, just cheaply made - when tightning the screw, the casing distorted and fell off the strap.
Personally I'd consider reclamping the original crimp clamp to be a temporary repair, or at least remember to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt work loose again...
Well, it was Saturday afternoon, and the shops were closed, but I'll buy some better hose clamps soon. Never know when some hose or pipe needs fixing when living in a house with 65 year old plumbing and driving a 12 year old car.

Regards,
Søren A.M.
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V