Xantia 1.9TD durite coolant hose. Which one?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jetfixer
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9TD durite coolant hose. Which one?

Post by Jetfixer »

Whilst changing the glow plugs on my Xantia I accidentally broke the three way cooling hose on top of the engine. It is the hose assembly with the bleed screw cap. I broke it while attempting to prise it of the spigot behind the injector pump (sound familiar?).

The problem is I cannot source a replacement hose.

I ordered one from the Citroen dealer, having determined it was the correct one from their parts catalogue.

The hose they supplied is shorter on both legs and doesn't have the same bends as the original.

They ordered a second hose thinking that the first could have been bagged incorrectly, this was also incorrect. The drawing in the parts catalogue correctly reflects what the original hose looks like, bends etc. The correct hose never gets sent out!

Now I am stuck without a car until this can be sorted out.

The part number from Citroen is 1351X7.

Any help on this matter greatly received.
Xantia LXTD
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

A-Ha, im not the only one that broke something off, mine was off the engine block (part of the cooling system)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There are only 2 parts listed:

96164773 (before RP 6355 - doesn't appear to matter if it's A/C or not)
1351 X7 (After RP 6355) - there are 3 different layouts after 6355, but all use the same hose here.

You could try getting the dealer to order the early part and see if that fits, if not, then looks like you will just have to cut and splice the 'wrong' one.
Richard W
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Halfords and other accessory shops sometimes sell a selection of car hose joiners - maybe you can make up what you want from one or more of them? They certainly sell straight and angles - I don't know if they have 'T' pieces.
jeremy
Jetfixer
My Cars:

Post by Jetfixer »

Thanks for the tips.

Finally fixed it. Using the hose from the dealer and an adapter plate (citroen call it a lock plate) for the outlet on the offside side of the head. I saw this arrangement on my neighbours 406, think that Citroen are pulling a fast one by only supplying the later type of hose. this little mistake cost me £60, £30 for the parts and £30 to put a weeks insurance on my other car! buyer beware.

Alas now the ignition switch has packed in...... The common fault with the heater and rear demist doesnt work..

Look out for a nice clean Xantia TD Estate with A/C on Ebay soon, I've just about had enough.
Xantia LXTD