another xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

another xantia

Post by john alexander »

Hi there , yep just got another 1.9td estate ,124k R reg £525 at auction but guess what ,it aint exactly the same it appears to have a brain ,in a box next to the header tank . why ??. It has a spring down the back of the hydraulic pump ,is this to tension the belt?? and it also has a coil spring fitted to the side of the clutch pedal, its a heavier pedal than the other by the way . Any help would be gratefully accepted . Regards John.
D.Slatford
My Cars:

Post by D.Slatford »

My P reg turbodeisel had an ECU, I presumed this to be normal until I saw one TD without it, so perhaps you had a basic model previously. I assume it alters injection timing and part of the keypad immobilier (the model without an ECU had no immobiliser and by the looks of it a different pump, perhaps Lucas instead of Bosch, not sure).

My 'facelift' R reg petrol estate also has the clutch spring I noticed yesterday, so again, take this as normal. It doesn't sound like your cars been mucked about with if that's what you're worried about!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

You may want to search the forum for info on the heavy clutch.

If I remember rightly it has something to do with the routing of the clutch cable on RHD cars going too close to the exhaust and drying out the lubrication.

Apossible cause of the infamous plastic clip breakage.
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

My estate also has a spring at the side of the clutch pedal. I understand, as is in my case, that this indicates that the clutch cable is self adjusting. I also have the 'brain' and a potentiometer on top of the throttle spindle.

Richard
1998 Xantia 1.9TD Estate (Sold - replaced with Skoda Octavia (sorry))