TD with no heat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Turning the heater and the fan on full will drop the engine temp a bit in a ZX if you are parked, as there is virtually no airflow over the matrix when stationery. Turning everything on gives you a small secondery radiator.. It may come in handy in the summer, :) but you will need to open every window and your sunroof because the heaters give off a LOT of heat on max. :shock: :D
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

so we're looking at a new Matrix, dash out job then?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ross, if you have double checked everything else, and then checked it again - - - - yep.. dash out. :( it may be usefull if you take lots of pics as you remove stuff, that way you can check where it was if you get stuck putting it all back again.. :?

from what I have read, its a long, time consuming job, so you need to be very patient and methodical, label everything if poss, and try to put things in order if you have room..i.e. first thing out is at the back, last thing out is the nearest .. If you start to make mistakes, take a break, go for a coffee, it will seem easier when you get back (works for me) :) Good luck with it..

Oh, and buy a good quality matrix, you don't want to do the job twice. :roll:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.