Westroen Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonnyboy66uk

Westroen Spheres

Post by jonnyboy66uk »

Has anybody ever dealt with westroen?

My xantia is due for a mot soon and i know it will need the spheres changing and i have come across westroen offering 8 spheres fitted for £200, has anybody used them and what quality are they?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

How much are new ones from GSF or Eurocarparts - I think you could buy new ones and a fitting tool for less money.
jeremy
jonnyboy66uk

Post by jonnyboy66uk »

i was under the impression they were about 25 each from gsf...
also are they diff to fit?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Unless you are a DIY wizzard - I'd say £200 for all 8 spheres is a very good price.
As Jeremy writes you can buy brand new spheres and a good special purpose removal tool for a little less. But the hassle involved is definately not worth the 20-35 quid (at most) you save then.

Westroen has been around for decades and is known to do their job. Note however that they may have to down most of your old spheres - as they can NOT be regassed once they have been allowed to run fully flat. The company wont do it as they know you'll be back complaining !
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

Westroen are sound. They know what they are doing and at the prices they charge it's simply not worth struggling away and doing the job yourself when they will do it for you. I've had the spheres done on both my Xantias at Westroen and they have been great.
BernieLugg
My Cars:

Post by BernieLugg »

Westroen also offer a 3 year guarantee on their spheres. They have a website too which details their prices etc.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I have dealt with Westroen and I found them to be helpful and they produce a good product. GSF are very cheap and excellent. Euro Parts are OK but I have had two failed spheres recently. What is important is to establish if you are buying a refurbished (nowt wrong with that if the job is done correctly) or a new sphere.
Cheers!
John
pie eater
My Cars:

Post by pie eater »

I had all 6 done on my previous Xantia 2.1TD by Westroen - 3 year guarantee, fitted quickly and with friendly, helpful Citroen friendly chat. Recommended. And what a difference driving home!
C5 2.2HDI Exclusive
Xantia 2.0HDI SX
Eunos Roadster (I'm sure theres enough room under the bonnet for that HDI)