Would Xantia MK2 electric seats fit into MK1 cars?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Armadeus
My Cars:

Would Xantia MK2 electric seats fit into MK1 cars?

Post by Armadeus »

Hullo,

Set sights on some MK2 Xantia electric seats. I own a MK1 Xantia and wonder if the electrical connectors below the seats are the same for MK1 and MK2.

Anyone have an idea? Anyone with MK2 Xantia with electric seats would be sweet to peep under their drivers seat and see the connector perhaps? :lol:

Appreciate your ideas. Thanks!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: Would Xantia MK2 electric seats fit into MK1 cars?

Post by Clogzz »

Armadeus wrote: Appreciate your ideas.
Well, say that this is filling in until the experts arrive, but as a sort of rule, if the plugs and sockets are the same and fit, it should be the same.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Having put Mk 2 electric seats into a MK 1 and owned several MK 1's with them fitted from new, as far as I'm aware the electrical supply connectors will be the same for the electric adjustment of the seats. Bear in mind however that MK 2 seats also have integral airbags, hence the loss of width adjustment on them. All you need to do is just leave them disconnected (they are the thin orange wires).

The rear seats have a different shape around the seatbelt clips. On MK 1's the clips are located in a cut out in the seat, on MK 2 they are on a strap above the seat. Also the centre belt on MK 2's is a static belt rather than an inertia, so if you are putting in MK 2 rear seats make sure you also get the belts as they are not compatable.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I prefer the Leather electric on the Mk1 to the Mk2 ... better shape, adjustable side cushions and in the rear, the head restraints are lower profile to the front in the Mk1 which makes a big difference to visibility thro' the rear window.
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4