C5 Cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sir Clive

C5 Cruise control

Post by Sir Clive »

Had to take the steering wheel off my Hdi 110 yesterday. I noticed that on the plastic shroud, there is a mark to show where the cutout for the cruise control switch should be. Further investigation showed that under a blanking plug, is the bit the cruise control switch plugs onto. It seems to me that the only bit missing is the actual switch itself....
If I bought one and plugged it in, would I get instant cruise control????
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I seem to remember someone else doing this on the forum, although I think an ECU setting change was required as well.

Have a search and you should find it.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Found it!!
Right, so when I've got the wheels and tyres sorted, I'll be placing an order for the cruise control control :lol:
Probably get if from a Peugeot dealer, as our local Citroen dealer is staffed exclusively by numpties.
I wonder if they'll prove equal to the task of programming the ECU, I have my doubts :(
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Go to a Citroën dealer. At most, you'll probably pay for a software upgrade.
Good luck mate! ;)
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

As soon as finances allow, I'll be doing the job. It will be cheaper than loosing my licence again....
As I said, got to sort out two new tyres and a new windscreen first :cry:
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the injection ECU requires re-programed & some models also require an additional brake switch to be fitted.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I had the switch fitted by the dealer, including brake pedal switch and hours labour for £125.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Is there any way of finding out *which* models need the additional stoplight switch to be fitted? My car is a 51 reg Hdi 110SX if that helps!
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Beneath the steering wheel and above the brake pedal, you will see a plastic cover. Pull it towards you, then up.
You wil see a white plug next to the brake pedal. If it has 4 wires sticking out of it, then you already have the the CC/brake switch.
Francisco
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I'll grovel about and have a look at the weekend, too dark in the evenings at the moment :roll:
erez
My Cars:

Post by erez »

in my xantia there is a switch behind the rubber pad on the brake pedal,
when i press the brake pedal the switch is the first thing that presses, is that the switch you are talking about?
if so, all i need to do is to fit the handle behind the steering wheel?
also what should i tell the dealer about the ecu?
i'm running on lpg, will it work with the lpg?
this is my signature....
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Check my thread.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=13259

If i recall, there is no (easy?) way to install CC in the Xantia. :?
Francisco
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

406 V6 wrote:Beneath the steering wheel and above the brake pedal, you will see a plastic cover. Pull it towards you, then up.
You wil see a white plug next to the brake pedal. If it has 4 wires sticking out of it, then you already have the the CC/brake switch.
thats on a LHD model,on a RHD you need to remove the carpet trim below the left hand glovebox as the switch(es) are fittet onto the brake linkage rather than at the pedal,like 406V6 says if it is a 4 wire switch then there is no need for an additional one.if there is only a 2 pin white plug on the switch then you will find an empty space for an additional one & a spare red plug near it.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I thought the RHD models were symetric in the disposition of the several components. Sorry about that. Always learning! :)
Francisco