'96 Xantia SX No headlights/foglights/crazy electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Spray some creeping rust protector, such as Tectyl or Mercasol (or any other well known manufacturer) into the sleeve so that it's pretty full. That will stop any water effecting the cables.

//NiSk
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: '96 Xantia SX Electrical Problems

Post by Clogzz »

janie-c wrote:the shroud seems odd, the opening is on the top so if water gets in, it can't get out.
Don't know if you have the same arrangement as my 95 Xantia, where the shroud is made up of several pieces about 8 inches long each, with the openings at the bottom.
If you can turn the pieces to have the openings at the bottom, the water will always get out.
Otherwise, maybe look into sealing the top and make drain holes at the bottom.

NiSk wrote:A - ha, Citroën have done it again - transposed a fault from one model to another!
Some people (companies ) never learn . .
Big companies seem to be like that.
One very big name company leaves the metal front speaker grilles of TV's floating instead of putting them to earth.
That causes static build-up that zaps the customer and interferes with the processor and memory.
They've been doing it for over 15 years, and it's still going on, while their smaller competitors have understood.
Last edited by Clogzz on 05 Feb 2006, 13:27, edited 2 times in total.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

How about wrapping the loom with self-amalgamating tape?
janie-c

'96 Xantia SX Electrical Problems

Post by janie-c »

I'll try the spray stuff and then attempt to turn the shrouds with the opening down. Thanks for the suggestions. Kind Regards to all!