Citroen ZX TD Estate rear exhaust silencer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Plane Fixer
My Cars: Simca 1000GLS [First Car]
Citroen GS Estate [Dad's cast off]
Some BL things....not good
Citroen ZX 1.9TD Estate
Xsara Picasso 2.0 Hdi
Berlingo Multispace [M59] 1.6Hdi...[RIP]
Berlingo Multispace XTR [B9] 1.6 Hdi 2008..no DPF or Adblue

Citroen ZX TD Estate rear exhaust silencer

Post by Plane Fixer »

Anyone know of a place to purchase a (reasonably priced) rear exhaust silencer box for a Citroen ZX TD Estate. GSF don't have any at any of their branches (when checked today) and they infromed me they didn't even have a due date for receiving any. Mine is only just hanging on :D and as it is my only car I need to replace it quite quickly. Thanks.
Give me a Boeing any day, at least I can read the wiring diagrams!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Silly answer, I know, but have you not tried KwikFit or similar? They will sell you the box alone if you want to fit it yourself- I know, because they were the only people I could find who had a BX centre pipe for an N/A diesel, when neither GSF and Europarts listed or stocked it...........
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

I got my last one from Euro car parts, at the time they were doing free delivery on orders over £50 and GSF (at that time ) were not offering that, there is a site called http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

if you go to the exhaust section you will find it there, part number I thikn is CN352A (but dont quote me) £39.56. that comes to 52 with delivery and vat.

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers

Paul
99 Xsara SX HDi 105k with PSi power box- smokier but well worth the wonga!
Plane Fixer
My Cars: Simca 1000GLS [First Car]
Citroen GS Estate [Dad's cast off]
Some BL things....not good
Citroen ZX 1.9TD Estate
Xsara Picasso 2.0 Hdi
Berlingo Multispace [M59] 1.6Hdi...[RIP]
Berlingo Multispace XTR [B9] 1.6 Hdi 2008..no DPF or Adblue

Post by Plane Fixer »

Thanks guys. I had already tried Kwik fits etc. and none of them had the box in stock (all saying they would have to order) they also wanted "silly money" for it. Paul, I used the internet link for buypartsby and they were great. Ordered on Wednesday afternoon and the box arrived Friday. Fitted Saturday.

At least that should please the neighbours when I leave for work at 5am :)

Regards
Tony
Give me a Boeing any day, at least I can read the wiring diagrams!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im in the car trade and was quoted by PARTCO,AUTOWISE AND HASTINGS EXHAUST centre all around £39 to £45 squide,whilst when GSF last stocked them they charged aprox £24 squide,and are telling me they aint doing them any more,but i will check the two i have in stock,as im not sure if they are saloon or estate,without looking im prety sure they are estate,i will check tomorrow,where abouts are you as im in st leonards on sea east sussex
regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

sorry i was doing an Anders there for a minuite,i did not read your post corectly,i was thinking BX wooops
regards malcolm