basic info required for Xantia 1.9 turbo.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

London luke

basic info required for Xantia 1.9 turbo.

Post by London luke »

I have just bought the car !. One lady owner from new. Full service and well looked after.

couple of simple questions !

1: How long does it take for the suspension to fully raise etc ,before i drive off. I was expecting some sort of light to come on?

2.Anyone know of a good mechanic in Nothern France? I understand that the hour cost is much cheaper etc. |I want to get a full service etc to keep the car in its condition.

Why do i turn th eradio off or onto a different station everytime I turn a sharp corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish the steering controls had a "lock" setting !!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: basic info required for Xantia 1.9 turbo.

Post by Mandrake »

London luke wrote:I have just bought the car !. One lady owner from new. Full service and well looked after.

couple of simple questions !

1: How long does it take for the suspension to fully raise etc ,before i drive off. I was expecting some sort of light to come on?
That depends on whether its an anti-sink model or not, and how good the general condition of the suspension is, such as the LHM being clean, and the spheres having normal gas pressures etc.

If its before about mid 1994 it won't have anti-sink, and will go down completely over night. When you first start the motor the STOP light will be on along with the hydraulic light. You should never drive off until this STOP light has gone out, and you also should wait until the suspension has lifted so that its not crashing over bumps on the bump stops. It'll probably take approx 20 seconds to lift from overnight.

If its after mid 1994 it will have anti-sink, and should stay up anywhere from 1 to 5 days. When you start the motor after an overnight stop, the STOP light will be on and you should wait for that to go out, (typically about 10 seconds) but on an anti-sink model its usually safe to drive off as soon as the light goes out (unless you just heavily loaded he car) because even though the suspension wont be at its full height for another 20 seconds or so it will be high enough that it wont crash over the bumps...
Why do i turn th eradio off or onto a different station everytime I turn a sharp corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish the steering controls had a "lock" setting !!
Assuming you don't have two left thumbs (!!) then it could be a loose/intermitant wire running to the buttons inside the steering wheel causing it...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
London luke

Post by London luke »

Thank you

Its a 1998. 1.9 turbo estate.

The suspension goes up the front and back if i dont use it for a day.

The radio !! it the position of the buttons....

I want to go to calais soon. I have heard there are many garages there who deal with Uk Citroen owners and are ment to be excellent. Also their hour rate is cheaper.