Xantia Accelerator Clip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichG
My Cars:

Xantia Accelerator Clip

Post by RichG »

Having just finished a 42000 mile service I decided to adjust the slack in the accelerator cable of my 1998 1.9TD Xantia Estate.
The adjustment is by a clip that stops the outer of the cable moving through the hole in the support braket on the Bosch diesel injection pump. The outer has a plastic end that is ribbed and the spring clip fits into one of the indentations (as shown in my Haynes manual page 4b.13 picture 11.1a).
This was not a good move as in the process of repositionong it I did not get it seated correctly and it 'pinged' off. After searching the engine bay for 3 hours to try to find it I had to admit defeat and make a temporary replacement.
Two questions:-
1) Is the clip available from Citroen dealers?
2) Is there and alternative source?
I assume that the clip is a standard 'R' Type clip but as I have lost it I am not sure.
Thanks
Richard
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Its not a standard "R" clip, though such a clip would no doubt work, one big enough will likely as not have a much larger section than the original and wont drop into the grooves.
You will get one with a new cable but wether or not they are available alone is doubtfull, you should find one at a breakers yard since they are standard on lots of diesel models through the Peugoet Citroen range.
Dave
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Went to Citroen dealer in Manchester and was amazed that the clip is a spare part. It costs 21p inc vat. I bought 3 on the assumption that if I had spares then I would not lose one again.