Xantia Stereo Query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Xantia Stereo Query

Post by mezuk04 »

With the photos provided, can anyone tell me whether or not this unit would support a cd changer (the din connector at the rear), from the 2nd photo i cant make anything out however it does support steering wheel controls so im half way there.

It came out of a '95 Xantia but cant make out if it has a din connector.
Can anyone tell by the way the front is!

Thanks!!!!!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Nope. That's the base radio as fitted to LX, doesn't even have RDS let alone CD functionality. In fact, I don't even think the high spec radios on Mk 1 cars will take a CD multichanger, they just have a CD line socket on the front.
Richard W
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thats what I thought, can someone then confirm for me that was their ever a MK1 stereo that supported a cd changer, surely their must have been.
samtronic
My Cars:

Post by samtronic »

The radio in the photo is a "System Audio 2030".
You can also get a 3030 RDS and a 4030 RDS, which look alike.

The 4030 RDS, which I have with a CD-changer in my '93 Xantia, has "mode" written on the top left button and "audio" on the next one.

Søren
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thanks for this guys, now I know what I'm looking for, I assume yours supports steering wheel controls also.

Anyone know where anywhere I can get hold of one, their golddust on Ebay and everywhere else is just standard ones like mine with the cd input pin on the front
samtronic
My Cars:

Post by samtronic »

mezuk04 wrote:Thanks for this guys, now I know what I'm looking for, I assume yours supports steering wheel controls also.
Yes, it does.
mezuk04 wrote:Anyone know where anywhere I can get hold of one, their golddust on Ebay and everywhere else is just standard ones like mine with the cd input pin on the front
Sorry, can't help with that one.

Søren
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I have a 4030 radio on my N reg (1996) Activa. It has a cable pre wired for a CD changer which runs to underneath the drivers seat. The cable and its connector is under the carpet of the rear passenger footwell on the drivers side. So, If you change your radio for say an ebay 4030, you will also need to do something about the connector/cable.

I fitted a Sony single CD radio to my SX turbod and Halfords were extremely helpfull with cables and connectors. But, it obviously depends on how much you want to spend. It cost me about £150 all in for radio and adaptors. The Sony head unit (radio) was expensive but it was the cheapest one they did that could use steering wheel remote control.

If you look for a head unit that will make use of the steering wheel controls it will cost a lot more, but, in my opinion, is worth it. You will also find that the range of steering wheel functions you get with a new head unit will be vastly increased from the standard functions. Eg, the bottom left steering wheel button on mine can be used to turn the radio on and off and also to select between radio mode and cd mode. You can change cd tracks too and change from FM to MW etc...
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.