Citroën Xantia Paint codes...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Citroën Xantia Paint codes...

Post by andmcit »

Does anyone here understand the intricacies of the various characters on the stencilled coding on the bulkhead?

I've seen a Xantia S2 bonnet seemingly the correct colour to one I've been after for ages for one of my projects. The first 3 digits are the same on them both but then there's a difference; one having two letters the other three.

I'd wondered [BRIEFLY!!] about trying to get some sense out of my local Cit garage but then we all know what runaround blank I'll encounter wasting time there...

Are the second stage letters the trim, as one's an SX Estate the other an LX 1.9TD?

All the beat,
Andrew
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Seen that on both CX & BX also. My guesstimate is some sort of batch code for the paint - or the painting process.
Having worked in the general production industries for ages I know that companies must keep track on every bit they use in/for fabrication - and when they use it. The final product must then have a code that points back to every bit used in that product.

- traceability -

- to find what batch code of bolts that killed your mothers pet when you parked your car at her house :shock:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image